Douglas Machines Corp is a leading manufacturer of industrial cleaning equipment with a rich history of more than 40 years. We take pride in designing and producing innovative cleaning solutions that cater to a diverse range of industries, including food processing, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, and more. As a company committed to excellence, we strive to deliver superior products and services to our customers, and our success is driven by the dedication and expertise of our talented team.
As a Welder/Fabricator at Douglas Machines Corp, you will play a crucial role in the production process by fabricating and assembling high-quality components for our industrial cleaning equipment. You will work closely with our engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure that our products meet the highest standards of safety, performance, and durability. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled welder/fabricator looking to contribute their expertise to a dynamic and innovative company.
- Welding and Fabrication Expertise: Proven experience in welding and fabrication techniques using MIG, TIG, and/or ARC welding processes. Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Knowledge of Materials: Familiarity with various metals and materials commonly used in the manufacturing of industrial equipment, including stainless steel, aluminum, and carbon steel.
- Safety Conscious: Strong understanding and adherence to safety regulations and practices in a manufacturing environment. Committed to maintaining a safe and clean work area.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to identify and resolve welding and fabrication issues, ensuring the production of precise and accurate components.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous in inspecting finished workpieces to verify conformance with specifications and quality standards.
- Team Player: Excellent interpersonal skills, a cooperative attitude, and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Adaptability: Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and adjusting to changing production priorities.
- Physical Stamina: Ability to lift heavy objects and stand for extended periods during the fabrication process.
- Certifications: Preferred certifications in welding, such as AWS (American Welding Society) certification.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Welding and Fabrication: Utilize various welding techniques to fabricate components according to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Assembly: Assemble fabricated components into larger structures, ensuring proper alignment and fit.
- Quality Control: Inspect finished workpieces to verify conformance to quality standards, making necessary adjustments as required.
- Equipment Maintenance: Perform regular maintenance on welding equipment to ensure its optimal functioning.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the engineering and manufacturing teams to address production requirements and resolve any fabrication-related issues.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute ideas and suggestions for process improvements to enhance efficiency and product quality.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines to maintain a safe work environment.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of work performed, materials used, and any quality control measures implemented.
How to Apply
If you are a skilled and motivated Welder/Fabricator seeking an exciting opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you believe you would be a great fit for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org.