Douglas Machines' rotary batch washers are designed to wash and sanitize containers commonly found in the bakery, meat, poultry, candy and food service industries. Rotary batch washers are designed to provide the same standard of cleaning effectiveness as conveyorized tunnel washers but with a more modest footprint, price and capacity. Unlike tunnel washers, they are also suitable for a one-man operation.
- Models vary by the diameter of the rotating table and the resulting capacity.
- Containers are placed in specially designed wash racks that expose them to 360 degrees of water spray for maximum cleaning effectiveness.
- Regardless of the model, each rotary batch washer features a recirculating detergent wash tank and a separate, fresh water sanitizing rinse tank. Wash water is pumped through high velocity stainless steel V jets designed to cut and remove stubborn soils. Wash cycles are selected from a short, medium or long sequence (4, 6 or 8 minutes) depending on soil conditions.
- Each wash cycle is followed by a 30 second hot water, sanitizing rinse. The rinse water is routed back into the wash tank for reuse and to help freshen it. An optional steam extraction fan vacates the steam before the door is opened. Filters collect debris and keep the nozzles from clogging. Machines are equipped with electric, gas or steam booster heaters to maintain proper operating temperatures.
- Select from washers with 50" or 74" rotating tables.